2 computers behind 1 Router on Europebattle.net

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Devant, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Devant

Devant Member

Greetings,

As the title briefly explains, I want to connect 2 computers behind the same router, on Europebattle.net.

NOTES
    -Either one can connect to Europebattle.net on port 6112.
    -Either one can connect to the official Battle.net servers on any port. (tried 6113, 6122, 6132)

-None can connect to Europebattle.net on ports other than 6112, so they cannot connect at the same time.

Please, advice me on how to connect a computer to Europebattle.net using any other port besides 6112.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

First of all the port 6112 is hardcoded and that cannot be changed. Still I can't understand why your computers cannot connect to same port, at the same time?
    You have two separate computers, behind a router so this should be no problem. The problem you are describing is just in case of using a pc + virtualization (virtual pc) then yes, the 6112 port will only accept one connection so either PC or either the virtual pc. As long as you have two separate computers (the router acts as a firewall and spliting internet connection) there should be no ports conflict.

3. Devant

Devant Member

The port can be changed by adding the DWORD "Game Data Port" with the relevant port, in bnet's registry key. A port cannot be forwarded to two different IPs. I have 6112 forwarded to one IP and as expected, if I try to forward the same port, to a second IP, a conflict occurs, the router will not even let it register.

I am not using any virtual machines, they are both physical.

To be more specific,
    The router is on 192.168.2.1
    The 1st pc is on 192.168.2.4
    The 2nd pc is on 192.168.2.8

I have 2 forward rules on the router.
    1) External 6112 to internal 6112 on 192.168.2.4
    2) External 6113 to internal 6113 on 192.168.2.8

In this setup, the 1st pc connects normally on both official bnet servers and europebattle.net. The 2nd one connects to the official bnet servers but not on europebattle.net. To make sure that this is not a problem of the individual computers, I switched the rules, using 6112 on the 2nd system, and 6113 on the 1st one. Case in point, the pc using 6112 could connect to any server, while the one using 6113 could only connect to the official servers.

PS: I also tried running both systems on 6122 and 6132. Again, that worked fine for the official servers, but not on europebattle.net, which produced the typical message about 6112 not being open.

Is there anything I can do on my part, or is this simply a difference between official servers and europebattle.net? Thank you for your prompt response.

4. Gix

Right, my bad. I was thinking on port 4000 while I said that wich is d2 related so nothing related to SC there.

I have been talking with a friend that had a simillar issue but while playing on LAN with his brother and he had a compatibility issue between OS (between W7 and W8 although I still find that weird). Do you have same Windows version on both computers?

Also, for Starcraft you only need port 6112 so ignore the 6113. In this case probably the official servers have either modified something on their side or they are using 6113 port for SC too.

http://boards.portforward.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=117 "One Port, One Computer" rule sucks though ...

5. Devant

Devant Member

UPDATE: We managed to get both pcs in the official servers, using different ports (6112 and 6113), but the lag is extreme. So, what remains unresolved is:

-How to solve the lag problem.
    -How to connect both pcs to the europebattle.net servers at the same time.

6. Gix

I'm out of ideas for now. In case something will get through my mind I'll post here so you may subscribe to this thread to get notified.

Hopefully I'll get some free time the few next days and install Starcraft on two of my computers to test your issue.

7. NUKEM

NUKEM Member

I know the post is old but I am sure you are still wondering about the answer.. You can't play SC in same game over internet on same server without having Multiple external IPs. I myself can't explain it but that's how its always been. I ran into this issue before with a roommate and the only solution to lag problem was that I added another External IP address with Internet provider for which cost me $20 extra a month then for it and the lag problem was solved. I think its the packets the game uses that can't be shared or split between PCs.

EDIT:

Therefore, for every PC on same internet connection you have, you need an external IP for each PC to play in same game otherwise you can play in different games without lag issues. For instance, you have 4 PC and want to play in same game, you will need 4 External IP addresses.

Ezekiel likes this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted