How To Create A Game?

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by kaizo, Aug 21, 2017.

1. kaizo

kaizo Member

Hi, im new at this so I would really appreciate the help

How do we Create a game so that our friends can join?

Do we both need to port forward?

2. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Administrator

Hello @kaizo,
    If you want to be the host then all you need is create the game and let your friend know it's name (eventually password too if you make a private game). Port forward is required if you have a router and you want to host the game yourself so make sure to open port 6112 for both TCP & UDP or you can do that for the entire range 6112-6119 (TCP &UDP)

3. GhostHunteR

GhostHunteR Member

Also you will need to make a static IP (manually add IP)
    You could phone your ISP and ask for the DNS server IP details or you could do as I did in the image below, I added my IP to Preferred DNS server and my default gateway to Alternate DNS server and people can join my games.
    [​IMG]
    (This is not my external IP, so I hope this is not sensitive information to post)
    To find your IP details, type ipconfig in command prompt.
    Even though it sounds like you know how to forward ports, portforward.com should help you out if you run into trouble with your router settings.
    Only the person hosting games needs to do this

Also if all else fails, have you ever tried to host with the server bots? That will be the quickest and maybe best solution for hosting, if you do this, you don't need to worry about opening ports or making a static IP.
    (I don't know these forums yet but maybe there's a topic somewhere explaining how to use the bots and the commands)

Good luck!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    Ezekiel likes this.
  4. Realpsojed

Realpsojed Member

Hello,

so all the games hosted in the custom game list are hosted by 3rd party hosting bots. Bots, that are not available for public game hosting on europebattle?

5. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

Not all of them but majority since hosting bots are a lot more reliable than a regular player hosting the game himself, this way you ensure stability, no latency issues and in this case port forwarding is not necessary. You may host a game if you want, that's totally up to you but if you have a router then you will have to portforward and if your internet isn't decent enough then a bunch of people won't be very happy about that. If you want to play only with your buddies then go for it.

• Draft saved Draft deleted