Black screen/crash on start-up

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by birds, Jul 23, 2020.

1. birds

birds Member

Hi! I've just found this Warcraft III private, so I wanted to give it a try, I liked the Island defense and Tower defenses back in the day, as well as the singleplayer campaign. I felt like some nostalgia rush (I wasn't very good at normal multiplayer unfortunately). Either way... I just downloaded the warcraft III 1.28.5 from the website, then applied the zipfile and overwritten the existing files. Lastly I used the .reg file.

Then when I Start up the game, I do get the Blizzard logo slowly appearing, but after that my screen goes black. I do hear the sound of the menu dropping in and the background music but nothing appears. I can't alt-tab/alt-F4/shift-ctrl-esc/ctrl-alt-del out of it. Screen stats black no matter what. The only option I have is to just hold the power button and force a shutdown.

Any idea how to fix this? Much appreciated

2. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Administrator

Hello. What operating system are you using? It doesn't sound like your problem is common if the entire computer freezes after game launch.
    Does it happen the same way if you run the game without applying any patch version or alternatively if using 1.26 version?

Draft saved Draft deleted