How to Run & Connect & Create an account succesfully! (even with connection errors)

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Rinaldo, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Rinaldo

Rinaldo Member

How to connect to the private server: Europe Diablo's PVPGN WOL currently working IP address
    1. Goto %WinDir%\System32\drivers\etc
    2. Open the file hosts with notepad
    3. Add the following IPs beneath the last line listed in hosts file, and save the file!

188.165.54.9 servserv.westwood.com
    188.165.54.9 apiregister.westwood.com
    188.165.54.9 irc.westwood.com
    188.165.54.9 gameres.westwood.com

How to run RA2/YR on Windows Vista/7/8 without crashes/freezes all the time
    1. Goto your RA2 folder.
    2. Right-click on the files: game.exe, gamemd.exe, RA2MD.exe, YURI.exe and click on Properties
    3. In the upcoming window goto the tab Compatibility
    4. Tick the box Run this program in compatibility mode for:
    5. Select Windows XP Service Pack 3 or SP2... *SP3 works for me just fine*
    6. Tick the box Run this program as an administrator
    7. Click Apply and close the window.
    8. Rename the file wsock32.dll to wsock32.dll disabled. This file needs to be disabled when you play on the internet, or else you won't be able to play! You can rename it back if you need it for network play again.

How to make a New Account for RA2/YR! read very carefully
    1. *REMINDER* First make sure you have renamed the file wsock32.dll to wsock32.dll disabled in your RA2/YR folder!
    2. Start Red Alert 2 (You need to make a account in Red Alert 2 first, if you want to play online on Yuri's Revenge!)
    3. Once in-game click Internet
    4. Then click My Information
    5. At Preffered Server select PvPGN Realm
    6. Then click New Account
    7. Fill in your information at Birthdate and Email Address
    8. You can un-tick the box I would like to receive the Westwood Online newsletter by mail
    9. Click on Continue OR... on Privacy policy if the continue button is missing! *It was missing for me*
    10. Now you might see the message: Requesting Nickname, click Disconnect
    11. Now you might see the message: Could not connect to Westwood Online, check your Internet connection, click Ok
    12. Click on Privacy policy again
    13. Now you will see the message: Could not connect to Westwood Online, check your Internet connection *AGAIN*, click Ok
    14. Now keep in mind! There is a big chance you get an Unknown Error on the next page after like 10-20 seconds, simply click on Ok, the screen info and buttons will disappear, keep in mind where the Ok button is and press Tab to switch to the next input boxes!
    15. Now that you are at the next page, fill in your information at Nickname and Password and Re-enter Password, Click Ok
    16. Now you might see the message: Requesting new login..., click Disconnect
    17. Now you might see the message: Could not connect to Westwood Online, check your Internet connection, click Ok
    18. If you returned to the page where it asks for your Nickname and Password, simply click Ok again!
    19. Now you might see the message: Could not connect to Westwood Online, check your Internet connection *again...*, click Ok
    20. If you are back at the My Information page keep in mind where the Back button is on your screen.
    21: Wait till you get an Unknown Error and click Ok, then click on the invisible Back button
    22: Now click Custom Match and enter your Nickname and Password, tick the box Remember Account Information, click Login
    23. If you get the error That login or password was incorrect, there are 2 possible reasons: 1.You filled in the wrong Nickname or Password 2.You tryed to make a New Account with a Nickname that is already in use by someone else! Try to make an New Account again!
    24. Now if you didn't get any error at step 23 it will ask Do you want to automaticly login with this account in the future?, tick the box Don't ask me again, click Yes
    25. If everything went well so far, you are now on Custom Match page! Now you can also use this account to play online on Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge

Now i really hope this guide will help bring more players online on this private server (me and my bro were the only one online). If anyone reading this have any questions, feel free to ask!

Raikan likes this.
  2. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

Sticked, thank you.

Raikan likes this.
  3. Raikan

Raikan Member

Good info. Thanks

4. Rinaldo

Rinaldo Member

Thank you both for the thanks, i'm glad it will be of use to the people on this forum.

5. BeastBad1368

BeastBad1368 Member

Pretty much easy to do.

6. slayer1986

slayer1986 Member

I can't find wsock32.dll file in folder RA2. In that case what i must do?

7. Gix

Those instructions regarding the mentioned files are given only for those who experience freezes/crashes with their game. As long as you don't experience that there is no need to change it.
    (I don't have the file either and I got no problems over that)

8. slayer1986

slayer1986 Member

i said that because in the tut says this: 8. Rename the file wsock32.dll to wsock32.dll disabled. This file needs to be disabled when you play on the internet, or else you won't be able to play! You can rename it back if you need it for network play again.
    and i have problem i can't connect....

9. lammy12

lammy12 Member

10. Gix

@lammy12, you might want to reinstall the game as probably the server you played before has modified some of your game executables.

11. dan4o_psihologa

dan4o_psihologa Member

okey i tried to make everything as it should and still i cannot click Internet when i do that it says i have to contact westwood for more information even before i start writing my email adress and etc? What should i do now

12. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Administrator

• Draft saved Draft deleted