Solved Password is incorrect

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by salemsparty, Feb 1, 2019.

1. salemsparty

salemsparty Member

Keep getting "Password is incorrect".
    Account was created following all the steps in the installation guide. I tried both 1.26 and 1.28
    I'd love to get my guild playing this, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Salem
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 1, 2019, Original Post Date: Feb 1, 2019 ---
    It also appears sending in a ticket to have a password reset sent to my email isn't working either. I'm 100% positive on the password...

2. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Administrator

Hello, don't forget to mention your account name as well. I can see it's salemsparty this time but one could register under a different forum account name.
    I was able to login into your account just fine with the password you've set so it appears you actually forgot it.
    Password reset via in-game does not work in private realms nor retail for a long time, you can reset your password however by sending an email to [email protected] and ask for a new one, keep in mind this is a manual process and you have to wait for a reply. I've sent you the initial password via forum PM and to your email as well so you can see which of the letters/numbers you forgot.

salemsparty likes this.
  3. salemsparty

salemsparty Member

Thank you for your assistance. So it appears the true answer was that there is a character limit to the password as well as uppercase characters didn't register. That is fine with me, I have access now, but perhaps that should be noted somewhere?
    Thanks again,
    Salem

4. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Administrator

I can't tell how you end up with typing more than 12 characters since there is already a limit set in place as well as an informative message about that on the registration page http://register.usabattle.net
    [*] Password length must be between 6 and 12 characters.

You cannot enter more than 12 characters in the password field as for the username and password they're both case insensitive for warcraft3, it doesn't matter if you use uppercase or lowercase. Even if you managed somehow to register a longer password the game will only accept the first 12 characters that you type so one of those were wrong in the first place anyway since you got the incorrect password message.

salemsparty likes this.
  5. salemsparty

salemsparty Member

Me either... No worries though! Like I said, i have access. Thank you for the help.

• Draft saved Draft deleted