Cannot find wsock32.dll

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by derkeng, Jun 5, 2018.

1. derkeng

derkeng Member

Hello

Me and my friend wanted to refresh ra2 game on multiplayer. I ve tried to connect to europebattle.net but i cannot (i click internet>my information and then i have message: could not connect to Westwood Online). I have tried to use guide from this forum but there is information to rename wsock32.dll in ra2 folder. I do not have this file. Where can be solution? I had my own iso file of ra2 and installed it correctly (game and patch 1.006). I have good IP adresses in hosts file (188.165.54.9). I have win xp sp3 on this laptop.

Thanks for suggestions
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 8, 2018, Original Post Date: Jun 5, 2018 ---
    Yesterday i downoladed new iso for red alert 2 and also Yuri's Revenge. I installed everything and updated ra2yr patch. I haven't installed Red Alert 2 EuropeBattleNet Patcher, because in hosts file are still correct connect lines. From posts on forum I figured out that wsock32.dll is connected with windows 7, not windows xp. So mis of this file is normally i guess.

And still cannot connect.

Are there any other settings that i should make?

thanks

2. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Administrator

Hello @derkeng. Could you try again and confirm if you're able to connect this time?

3. derkeng

derkeng Member

Nope, i cannot.
    Nevermind, thanks for reply. I guess that we could play several or more games and then propably back to d2 game. We can always buy few beers and meet for some lan games anyway :)

4. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Administrator

Try and run the patch we provide on the website still and see if there is any change, I was able to connect properly before my message.

5. derkeng

derkeng Member

Ok thank You.
    I wilk try this today evening.

Regards
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 9, 2018, Original Post Date: Jun 9, 2018 ---
    I downloaded zipped patch with file: Run this to Play red alert 2 nad run in main ra2 folder. Still the same - fetching server list and after about 15 seconds: cannot Connect. I tried Custom game nad My information. I will try to install once more but on another laptop later

Ezekiel likes this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted