Solved Port Forward

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by mendez, Nov 8, 2016.

1. mendez

mendez Member

Battle-Net telling me i need to port forward i believe, something like slow connection and/or UDP packets. Im not very good at the technical stuff as u can probably tell. any help would be awesome btw thanks for keeping this up all these years

2. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

Hello

Show us a screenshot of this message you're talking about.

3. mendez

mendez Member

4. Gix

Here you can find a port forward guide for almost any router model https://portforward.com/router.htm
    Enter your router panel and forward port 6112 (usually address will be something like 192.168.1.1 and you must type it inside your brower http bar)

PS: Make sure your gateways are correctly set to point to our servers, otherwise it could as well be a gateway conflict.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
    mendez likes this.
  5. mendez

mendez Member

thanks for the help, check these out not sure what im doing wrong. also what do u mean by gateways thanks again

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2016
  6. Gix

Looks good, also corrected my previous port. I was thinking about diablo2 which uses same platform so that's why I mentioned port 4000 but obviously I was refering to 6112.
    You can remove the port 4000 from the list and just forward port range 6110-6120 for both TCP and UDP so you can be sure it will include the necessary ports.

As for gateways, simply read the info at the end of the page http://europebattle.net/sc/connect
    Download that gateway editor, go to Starcraft tab (make sure to select starcraft because you also have warcraft3 and diablo2 tabs there) and make sure to fill with the info you're being given.

Name = Europebattle
    Zone = 0
    IP = sc.europebattle.net

7. mendez

mendez Member

swear it aint working, the gateway worked though. just for some reason wont port forward properly

Attached Files:

• asd.jpg
      asd.jpg
      File size:
      132.8 KB
      Views:
  8. Gix

Add separate rules for tcp and udp, reinstall the whole game and patch it correctly, post a screenshot with your current gateways list of starcraft.

9. mendez

mendez Member

hey so i kinda gave up on starcraft, decided to give warcraft 3 a go. now i go onto your servers. however my friend cant see my custom game. do you know why that is

10. Gix

Most likely the same problem, your ports are not forwarded, therefore your friend nor anyone else cannot see the game.
    Make sure to check and see if your provider or firewall is not blocking them.

11. mendez

mendez Member

ok got onto warcraft and starcraft was the router, piece of shit. thanks for the help. noticed however we cant have two people using the same internet to jump online, just when where at our own homes. Router again?

12. Gix

What do you mean you cannot have two people using same internet at the same time? Only one of you can connect to the server if you're both using same internet connection?
    Also what did you do to fix the router issue that you had? Did you had incorrect port forwarding after all?

• Draft saved Draft deleted