Starcraft server population

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by ledgy89, Nov 24, 2010.

1. ledgy89

ledgy89 Member

Hi im new to here.
    i Just joined the private server and booted up starcraft original and broodwars, attempted to load the server but never found any other people?
    Is this the norm? have people simply abandond this game or am i doing something wrong?
    Thanks

2. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

well, most of them are playing private games with their friends. Still, we had periods with over 100-200+ players on publics but seems they took a break

I would suggest you bring in some friends and tell them to bring some friends as well and you can enjoy a nice game w/o any problems from our side

PS: The reason should also be the release of SC2 so most ppl are playing that at this moment, hopefully they'll get back to SC BW soon

3. ledgy89

ledgy89 Member

ok thanks for the reply:wink:

4. Gix

Weekend is close and this can be seen since there are a lot of users online as i'm speaking

5. skepsis

skepsis Member

Hey, i've also just joined hoping there would be more people in the public chats but it seems pretty dead. i'm an sc2 player but my computer can't hack it atm so i wanted to play BW since i never really did before. anyone maybe want to friend me up? would be nice to play some real BW games.

6. Gix

not so many around since most sc players moved on sc2 but there are still active ones around. We had a pretty big maintenance yesterday so it should take for about 1 more day till everyone will get back online. About 100-200 players are hosting games everyday here

• Draft saved Draft deleted